Saturday, April 23, 2016

Short blurb on Mobile Photo editing and a Sample of mobile work.

Lately, society has shown a trend of using their mobile devices as their main source of computing and internet.  I love my desktop computer and the power that is behind it, but recently I have also been leaning heavier on using my Android device to do more.

I am an artist and a photographer and like many people, I am always on the go.  Quite often it isn't convenient for me to access my Canon DSLR or my desktop computer.  over the past couple of years I have been taking a lot more photos with my cell phone than I do with my DSLR camera.  I have also began adapting to more mobile means of editing these photos as well.  I use an Android device and I use the Samsung's Galaxy Note series.

The first app that I consider a "must have" for editing on the go is Snapseed.  The app was originally created by Nik Software. Nik was known for making amazing and powerful Photoshop plugins. Snapseed is currently owned by Google.  I feel it holds many of the best photoshop features with the incredibly user friendliness of your favorite iOS apps. It is a true competitor in the mobile photo editing market. Best of all, it's free! When I begin editing any photo on my phone, the first app I open is Snapseed. Most commonly I use it for touch ups and minor color adjustments, but if that isn't your thing they also offer filters, borders and many other internet favorites features.

There is no special order or apps to be used for photo creations and digital art.  The options are endless and depend on which creative direction you are taking. With that in mind, this short little blurb could quickly turn into a 10 page nightmare.  Therefore I will reserve my reviews for other digital manipulation apps for future posts.

If you enjoyed this or any of my other posts, feel free to follow me. If you have something you want to say or want to see more just let me know down in the comments section below.


 




~Thomas Hunt Jr.

Follow me on: 
TikTok: @ThomasHuntJr
YouTube: @ThomasHuntjr
Instagram: @ThomasHuntJr
Twitter: @ThomasHuntJr

No comments:

Post a Comment