Thursday, March 17, 2016

Saint Patrick's Day 2016

I am well aware I am not in Ireland and have no cultural reasons to celebrate this holiday, but I'm American and won't turn down a reason to go out, drink and celebrate something.  Especially something that brings such wild festivities as this holiday.(at least as its celebrated in the U.S.)

This year I went to, what Oklahoma City calls, a block party.  This event was located in Bricktown, near downtown Oklahoma City for those of you don't know.  They sectioned off a fairly large parking lot and filled it with a stage, beer vendors and a variety of food trucks.  Of course several of these vendors provided green beer(their cheapest beer drowned in green food coloring).  I didn't catch the name of the band that was playing on stage, but they played pretty good background music.  I choked down 1 glass of the green swill they called beer.

 Surprisingly I enjoyed the food I ordered from the food truck. The name of the food Truck was PhillMeUp Cheesesteaks and you can find them on Twitter at @PhillMeUpOKC  As their name suggests, they make Philly Cheesesteaks.  The first thing that makes their cheesesteaks unique is they use Cheese Whiz.  That's right, cheese whiz, the spray cheese out of a can.  I was quite hesitant to order something that used spray can cheese, but I am will try almost anything at least once.  The cheese happened to mesh beautifully with the perfectly caramelized onions and the quality of that beautiful ribeye meat was magnificent.  This was undoubtedly the highlight of my day.  And although a little pricey, this sandwich tasted awesome and was quite filling.

The rest of the sights were as one would imagine, the area cluttered with stumbling idiots decked out in kilts and various green apparel and accessories. Of course, I was not going to leave the area without taking at least one photo of my adventure..




~Thomas Hunt Jr.

Follow me on: 
TikTok: @ThomasHuntJr
YouTube: @ThomasHuntjr
Instagram: @ThomasHuntJr
Twitter: @ThomasHuntJr


No comments:

Post a Comment